The designer-maker of the beautiful tweed bags (and more!) available at Skyeworks, Lynn Pryde, has a couple of new sewing sessions scheduled at the gallery. It’s a chance to get creative and confident using the sewing machine.
Thursday 27th June 1.30 till 3.30 (£20) and Saturday 29th from 1.30 till 4.30 pm (£30). Includes tuition and sewing-machine hire; excludes fabric.
Message Lynn on Facebook if you are interested, have any questions, or would like to arrange alternative dates.
It may be wild and wet outside, but spring’s in full bloom inside at Skyeworks! Our “In Bloom” exhibition featuring the wildflower paintings of Jeremy Rossiter runs until Saturday. Don’t miss it!
• More photos on our Facebook page!
37 tins of gloss paint.
21 tubes of oil paint.
2 attempts on new ‘canvasses’.
Hours of painting, layering and revisiting each work.
And it all comes together on the 29th when Jeremy Rossiter‘s In Bloom Exhibition opens at Skyeworks!
Artist Jeremy Rossiter in his studio. Photo by Willie Urquhart WHFP
Jeremy, talking about the focus of this exhibition, said: “What particularly attracts me to wild flowers and weeds is that, as with mountains, there is a beauty without any rules or influence by mankind, a chaotic radiance. From secluded areas to places where man has been, I really like nature’s stubborn resilience and ability to reclaim land with such a display.”
Make a note in your diary for Skyeworks’ forthcoming exhibition of flower paintings by Jeremy Rossiter! For a few taster photos, visit our Facebook page.
The deadline for Skyeworks’ Art into Interiors exhibition is approaching fast! There are five themes, which artists are free to interpret literally or evocatively. While our preference is for artists whose work relates to the Highlands and Islands, we encourage artists from across Scotland (and indeed the rest of the world!) to submit if you feel your work is a good fit. Preference is also given to work that has not been exhibited elsewhere.
• Island Beach house: Blue, turquoise, navy and white. Think sea, cliffs, seabirds, harbours, piers, lighthouses, weather.
• Heather and hills: A classic Highland theme. Heather and purple tones, rich earth colours, forest greens. Think vast stretches of Scottish landscape and hills of heather.
• Winter contrasts: A monochrome black and white theme, with a focus on contrast. Printmakers in particular are invited to submit limited editions for this theme.
• Misty Isle: A theme close to Skye – ominous greys tinged with gorgeous colours and a glimpse of promised sunlight.
• Light intense: An exploration of the interaction between light and colour in the highland landscape.
Email submissions to email@example.com by 28 Feb 2013 please. Selected work will need to be at the gallery by 12 March 2013. Email us for gallery T&C and don’t forget to look at all our 2013 calls for submissions.
• Contact Skyeworks Gallery on 01478-612669 for details.
• Poem: i carry your heart by ee cummings.
Ten o’clock on Tuesday 22nd January sees us opening for 2013!
Until 25 March we’re open Tuesdays to Saturdays 10am to 4pm-ish. From Easter we’ll be open Mondays to Saturdays 10am to 5pm-ish.
We’ve enjoyed our holiday, but now are looking forward to seeing everyone again!
It’s time for a holiday!
Thank you to everyone for your support and enthusiasm in 2012!
As regular visitors have seen, Skyeworks has developed considerably between our opening exhibition at the beginning of April and what last-minute shoppers found on Christmas eve. We’ve exciting plans for 2013, but first it’s time for a holiday and some R&R. We’ll open again on Tuesday 22nd January at 10am and look forward to welcoming you back.
2013 Opening Times:
- Closed for annual holiday from 31 December 2012 to 21 January 2013.
- From Tuesday 22nd January until 25 March: open Tuesdays to Saturdays 10 to 4pm.
- From Easter: open Mondays to Saturdays 10am to 5pm-ish.